How To Use silk hat In A Sentence
- Morning dress consisted of a morning coat, which was almost always single-breasted, of serge, worsted, cheviot or vicuna, and black or iron-gray; a waistcoat, either single - or double-breasted, which matched the coat or was of a lighter color; striped spongebag trousers (trousers of wool serge, baggy at knee); a cravat; and silk hat (though a bowler/Homburg could be worn). Dressing the Edwardian Man | Edwardian Promenade
- Begin by replacing the spanking Brooks Brothers suit with a sleeveless waistcoat and a roomy pair of Dutch "slops"; cut and paste a couple of buckled brogans over the shiny capped Oxfords and place a wide-brimmed silk hat upon the perfect golfer's coif. Steven Weber: The Pilgrim's Regress
- He once turned up at Buckingham Palace in a fawn raincoat, woollen gloves and an old silk hat.
- instruction as to when and where a silk hat is de rigueur
- She made me go to church in a silk hat and a frock - coat.
- They stampeded her on the Calle Rivera and unceremoniously held up Mr. North's impressive car before the hotel, while Jim Baggott, in an ancient silk hat and bibulously primed for the occasion, read an ungrammatical but fervent valediction. The Fifth Ace
- Every one wears the straight, high-crowned silk hat that went out with us years ago, and the cut of clothing of even the most buckish young fellows is behind the times. Saunterings
- A large-brimmed black silk hat with a strap of fiber, wood, gold and semiprecious stones, excavated from a Yuan tomb, is the only known example of the type worn by Mongol emperors. NYC Exhibit Unveils Rich Treasures Of Yuan Dynasty
- Your Excellency, Your Grace, distinguished guests, ladies and gentlemen: I am sure that everyone who knows our guest of honour was proud to see, in our newspapers about a year ago, the picture of him with tall silk hat in hand, alighting from a formal horse-drawn state carriage (apparently rather small for a man of his stature), on arrival at the Emperor's Palace to present his credentials as Canada's Ambassador to Japan. JapanNeither the Sword nor the Chrysanthemum