[ US /ˈsaɪɫənˌsɝ/ ]
[ UK /sˈaɪlənsɐ/ ]
[ UK /sˈaɪlənsɐ/ ]
- a tubular acoustic device inserted in the exhaust system that is designed to reduce noise
- short tube attached to the muzzle of a gun that deadens the sound of firing
How To Use silencer In A Sentence
- Should any of them lose the luster off that lone dimension, be sure your silencer is on ... and then give 'em the ol 'heave-ho. USATODAY.com - Fantasy Focus: Evaluating the NBA's one-category wonders
- On Tuesday, the traffic police and the Transport Department plan to conduct joint inspection of vehicles that emit excess smoke, produce more noise and have defective silencers, headlamps and tail lamps.
- A silencer quietens the noise of the engine.
- That is, the MSG-90A1 is fitted with the barrel, threaded on the muzzle, to accept screw-on silencers, and is equipped with low signature flash hider.
- I had an old Magnum .45 that I had had custom made for me, with a built-in silencer. Old story
- The chamber, which simply bolts on to an end can, filters out specific sound waves midway along the silencer.
- We found the paperwork for a Treasury Department stamp tax of two hundred dollars for a class III device, approved by ATF, called a suppressor, which you would call a silencer. A Bob Lee Swagger eBook Boxed Set
- Based at the Hall House Industrial Estate, near Kendal, he makes bespoke performance silencers for offroad racing bikes, using lightweight materials such as carbon fibre and titanium.
- If you have fired a weapon indoors without hearing protection, let alone in the dark and under stress, I think you will agree that lack of a silencer is a material burden on self defense. The Volokh Conspiracy » The Right to Bear Arms and 18-to-20-Year-Olds
- With my tongue I can feel the silencer holes we drilled into the barrel of gun.