- a person (not necessarily a spouse) with whom you cohabit and share a long-term sexual relationship
How To Use significant other In A Sentence
- she was true to her significant other
- Others admit they were trying to punish a family member or significant other who they felt had wronged them.
- But be forewarned: If there's anything worse than being called a cheapskate by a significant other, it's being called a thoughtless cheapskate. TIME.com: Top Stories
- On a flat, hot highway between Austin and a little Texas town where there was yet another artist to be seen, I dorkily asked Rinder if he'd met his Lithuanian significant other through some kind of ethnic connection. THIS MAN WILL DECIDE WHAT ART IS
- People in the environment may invalidate the client inadvertently, partly as a result of projective identification by the client with borderline personality disorder of negative parts of the self on to significant others.
- If this significant other is not from said hostel then sneaking her in is quite a problem.
- She, or he (who says it's a she anyway?), I am sure is a very pleasant person and doesn't deserve to be razzed on THNTS and at home by her/his significant other. The fire alarm
- When we're nostalgic, we think about interactions with significant others in a sentimentalized past, and those social memories boost feelings of fellowship, researchers suggested. Week in Ideas: Christopher Shea
- A hair loss condition called telogen effluvium, which is triggered by a significant event that takes a toll on our body -- for example, childbirth, a car accident, a death of a significant other and even dramatic weight loss can prompt hair follicles to go through the death phase telogen phase. Anna De Souza: Can Losing Weight Hurt Your Looks?
- 'Significant other' meaning 'partner' - now that's an interesting turn of phrase.