[ UK /sˈaɪtli/ ]
very pleasing to the eye
there's a bonny bay beyond
young fair maidens
a comely face
my bonny lass
How To Use sightly In A Sentence
- Before this ugly edifice, and between it and the wheel-track of the street, was a grass-plot, much overgrown with burdock, pig-weed, apple-pern, and such unsightly vegetation, which evidently found something congenial in the soil that had so early borne the black flower of civilised society, a prison. The Scarlet Letter
- This kid friendly fairy tale about an unsightly ogre was both heartwarming and very funny.
- Begin the meeting on time-or if possible sightly early - this will minimize chair squirming and lessen any build up of tension. Heads up staffers, tips to avoid a Health Care "Town Hell" (Blog for Democracy)
- Use a thirty-gallon garbage bin as a laundry hamper… it's waterproof, and hides those unsightly stains and odors.
- If I don't work out, I turn into a puddle of unsightly pudge.
- It led to the removal of a number of trees, and the construction of unsightly water cylinders and pumping houses.
- A quick scan reveals all 10 little piggies, with no unsightly bunions or hammer toes.
- A 23 year old woman was referred by her general practitioner with multiple, unsightly lesions on her right pinna, which occasionally discharged pus.
- Professor Oswald takes a sightly more lenient view.
- The gruelling regime saw him slim to 16st, but he was left with unsightly flabby skin. The Sun