[ US /ˈsɪv/ ]
[ UK /sˈɪv/ ]
[ UK /sˈɪv/ ]
separate by passing through a sieve or other straining device to separate out coarser elements
sift the flour
check and sort carefully
sift the information
distinguish and separate out
sift through the job candidates
examine in order to test suitability
screen these samples
screen the job applicants
- a strainer for separating lumps from powdered material or grading particles
How To Use sieve In A Sentence
- Ballymaloe take a more seasonal approach to things by using redcurrant rather than lemon juice, made by simmering a couple of punnets of the astringent little fruits with water, and then pushing them through a sieve. How to make perfect strawberry jam
- The invention belongs to the chemical technical field and relates to a high silver supported zeolite molecular sieve acetate deiodinase adsorber and a preparation method thereof.
- But if lawyers and solicitors wish themselves to be identified as men of noble standing and exemplariness then they deserve the kind of reverence they will yield from the public should they decide to embrace Karpal Singh's call to sieve out bad hats. Malaysiakini :: News
- When the material is then sieved and the finer fraction sent to the assay furnace the gold particles could stay on the screen and be left out.
- Then pound the liver to a paste, add a tablespoonful of salt, a saltspoonful of white pepper; add three quarters of a pound of clarified butter; pound well together and pass through a wire sieve; put into pots; smooth over the top with a knife, then pour over hot clarified butter or lard and keep in a cool place. My Pet Recipes, Tried and True Contributed by the Ladies and Friends of St. Andrew's Church, Quebec
- A sieve is like a strainer that you drain spaghetti through when it is done cooking.
- Crude clays are blunged, sieved and passed over rare earth magnets, then stored in constantly agitated farm tanks.
- To calculate the dose equivalent one of the workers would receive in sieverts, you would need to multiply the dose in grays, by the quality factor.
- Pass the sauce through a sieve to remove any lumps.
- The sievert is numerically equivalent to the gray for electrons and for X-rays irradiating the whole body.