[ UK /sˈaɪdswaɪp/ ]
- a glancing blow from or on the side of something (especially motor vehicles)
- strike from the side
How To Use sideswipe In A Sentence
- At the same time, he's conducting an affair with a college groupie who sideswiped him at a lecture and, beyond that, schmoozing a big shot who might get him a better job.
- MR. MURRAY: Ellen, Clay's book says you can do everything right, you can listen to your customers, you can be very smart about allocating capital to the highest returns, and you can still get sideswiped by disruptive technologies. The Innovator's Solution
- But Ms. Hance was convinced the pit bull-Labrador mix needed a restraint after a tractor-trailer sideswiped her minivan while Cocoa stood in the front seat, an incident that left both dog and owner shaken but uninjured. Get in the Car, Fasten Your Seat Belt, That's a Good Boy!
- I believe ‘Foucault's Pendulum’ is Mr Eco's way of poking fun at the overly gullible whilst also having a sideswipe at conspiracy theories and generally showing off his vast knowledge.
- The rich and the famous are as vulnerable as anybody else to the sideswipes of fate, and perhaps more so since the artificial demands imposed on their lives means they are less authentically connected to the pulse of destiny.
- Despite the increasingly hostile sideswipes at him, the Chancellor is secure in his post.
- The fifth edition of the Oxford Companion to English Literature defined it as "often containing not only fictional but historical people and/or events," adding that "in serious work there is a real attempt at accuracy and credibility" a sideswipe perhaps at bodice- rippers. Mongols on the Moskva
- A 2007 Nissan Sentra was traveling west on W.Va. 9 and a 2009 Toyota Yaris traveling eastbound struck it in what police described as a sideswipe manner, causing the Toyota to run over an embankment, rolling onto its side against a tree. The Journal
- How they meet, though, is what changes things for them both, as they manage to sideswipe each other in their cars on a motorway and cause an accident.
- I guess that broken sword paves the way for the upcoming Sidearm Sideswipe figure. Transformers News - All News