- slide sideways through the air in a downward direction in an airplane along an inclined lateral axis
How To Use side-slip In A Sentence
- The ski/walk switch needs to click louder so you know the cuff is locked forward (an important piece of information when you're about to side-slip into a chute).
- A hawk caught the updraft over the canyon, side-slipping on thin air. Ellery Queen Mystery Magazine
- They tumble out of the sky like maple leaves, side-slipping right and left to lose altitude, feet spraddled toward shouts of welcome below.
- JEAN JENNINGS, AUTOMOBILE MAGAZINE: It senses when the wheels start side-slipping. CNN Transcript Sep 14, 2006
- We were side-slipping, starboard wing down, falling to earth with our engines howling.
- He eluded her only by side-slipping violently, and be lost all the advantage of the speed his dive had given him in that panicked maneuver. Elvenblood
- Another nonlinear inversion controller was designed for the slow variables. It allows the pilot to control the slow dynamics, the angle of attack, side-slip angle and the velocity bank angle.
- We were almost at a forty five degree angle to the road, side-slipping our way up behind an old diesel spewing Russian moto grader, that chugged along leveling piles of sand and dirt. CUBA: FIVE DAYS ON THE CHEAP, FREE CELL, FREE GUARD DOG, FREE GUARD
- Practice side-slipping to each corner, returning to the middle each time.
- As she touched the controls, she felt the slight instability of the lifting cushion of air under her, then a side-slipping from the force of the wind. Eve's Rib