How To Use side drum In A Sentence
- There was another set of timpani, another bass drum, side drums, castanets, two xylophones, and, if I recall correctly, tubular bells as well.
- The old cylindrical ear-piercing fife is an obsolete instrument, being superseded by a small army flute, still, however, called a fife, used with the side drum in the drum and fife band. Scientific American Supplement No. 819, September 12, 1891
- As well as being finely crafted there is a unifying mood that reaches a peak in an expressive pedal point, sustained dissonance in the horns with side drum interjections, preparing for a pensive conclusion.
- The cigarettes, with a retail value of £350,000, were found inside drums of pine resin in a container that had arrived in Britain through Dover.
- Along with the chorus, there are four pianos, tympani, and a fascinating assortment of percussion instruments - xylophone, crotales, bell, snare drum, side drum, bass drum, tambourine, cymbals and triangle.
- The snare drum of the set resembles the side drum of the symphony orchestra - both drums derive from the medieval tabor.
- The skin of male goats is used for the two side drums and the skin of a female goat for the middle one.