[ US /ˈsɪkəɫ/ ]
[ UK /sˈɪkəl/ ]
[ UK /sˈɪkəl/ ]
- an edge tool for cutting grass or crops; has a curved blade and a short handle
How To Use sickle In A Sentence
- Why, he asks, does wearing the swastika attract widespread scorn, while no one blinks at the person wearing a hammer and sickle on his baseball cap?
- Current areas of investigation include neurohumoral, cellular and molecular mechanisms regulating airway contractility, airway smooth muscle growth and cell surface receptor expression; regulation of postnatal development and growth of the lung; developmental effects of pulmonary inflammation and oxidative lung injury on airway and pulmonary vascular reactivity; biochemical and molecular regulation of membrane ion channels in cystic fibrosis; maturational changes in chest wall and airway function; pulmonary manifestations of sickle cell disease; the physiological basis of ventilator dependence in children with chronic respiratory insufficiency; and developmental aspects of respiratory mechanics and ventilatory control. Fellowship Program in Pulmonary Medicine
- Other times I sought refuge in the safe haven of grandfather's forge and helped him to make sickles or horseshoes by manning the big bellows.
- It took her two years to ask him out but a sickle moon and a small drop of ‘friendship’ helped.
- Abstract Sickle hemoglobin nucleation occurs in solution as a homogeneous process or on existing polymers in a heterogeneous process.
- Ye can stop as ye are, little lay mothers, and wait in wish and wish in vain till the grame reaper draws nigh, with the sickle of the sickles, as a blessing in disguise. Finnegans Wake
- A clear example of a mutation altering development is the inherited genetic defect, sickle cell anaemia.
- Sickle cell anemia is an inherited blood disease that can cause bouts of pain, damage to vital organs and, sometimes, death in childhood.
- In so-called recessive disorders, such as sickle cell disease, your child needs to inherit two bad copies of the gene - one from each parent - to develop the disease.
- Sickle cell anemia is overrepresented among the AA population here. The Volokh Conspiracy » 1. Science, Faith, and Not Ruling Out Possibilities