[ UK /ʃˈʌtəl/ ]
[ US /ˈʃətəɫ/ ]
[ US /ˈʃətəɫ/ ]
- public transport that consists of a bus or train or airplane that flies back and forth between two points
- bobbin that passes the weft thread between the warp threads
- badminton equipment consisting of a ball of cork or rubber with a crown of feathers
- travel back and forth between two points
How To Use shuttle In A Sentence
- Air in free fall does not convect, which means that everything that heats up has to be cooled by fans; the space shuttle is LOUD inside. 8/4/08: Launch Pad, day 5
- The double nosewheel straddled the slots in the deck where the shuttle ran. THE SHADOWS OF POWER
- But their brief respite in the conditioned air of the shuttle made that first step outside a gasper. Cattle Town
- Many folks have stated in many ways that even if CxP had had all of Shuttles bucks for the past five years, CxP wouldn't be any better off than it is now, because of mismanagement & misspending. Minor Damage Seen on Atlantis - NASA Watch
- Except for the frequent conferences now in the new Forty-second Street offices that commanded a view of two rivers and a vast battledoor and shuttlecock of the city, it was the first time in all those years that stretched from the night at the Waldorf that they had sat thus tête-à-tête. Star-Dust
- An airport official said the alternative is to take passengers to the midterm car park for a free shuttle bus. The Sun
- The space shuttle is coasting from a very high speed and high altitude when it flies hypersonically.
- Since most of the shuttle system was designed to be reusable, it was supposed to take the astronomical costs out of astronautics.
- Maybe he could scan the spaceshuttle or a supersonic train as he entered earths atmosphere! then they could have someone to battle with devastator! Check This Out: Transformers Concept Art - Aircraft Carrier That Never Was « FirstShowing.net
- He'd got up from the kitchen table and pedalled up the hill from the old tenement in Shuttle Place through the Darroch Council house scheme.