[ UK /ʃˈʌfəlbˌɔːd/ ]
- a game in which players use long sticks to shove wooden disks onto the scoring area marked on a smooth surface
How To Use shuffleboard In A Sentence
- `Right now it's a tossup between shuffleboard and self-abuse. MORE TALES OF THE CITY
- As with every Lonely Planet book, a big part of the fun is perusing the many fascinating sidebars, such as the brief description of curling, one of Canada's national sports ( "loosely defined as shuffleboard on ice") - every town in the region has a curling club - or their concise sketch of the three main highways that run through the Yukon. Chicagotribune.com -
- Wanda is up in heaven, which is depicted as an amusement park where everybody is happy and plays shuffleboard all day.
- We are not looking for shuffleboard and bridge, said Lucie Bauer, a retiree who was teaching an art-history class to seniors at the library. State's New Trick: Old Dogs
- Fancy a cruise holiday, but not sold on shuffleboard tournaments and cocktails with the captain?
- `You gotta remember, I'm closer to shuffleboard age than humpin ' canoes up mountains. FOOLS GOLD
- Get yourselves some knitting needles and a shuffleboard, and get the hell to Boca Raton like normal old people!
- I think he liked me because it was he who brought us together when he saw Clara, Melanie and me playing shuffleboard. WEB OF DREAMS
- The 63-year-old riffed on retirement, joking that he was playing shuffleboard after the speech and that his domestic agenda now consists of taking out the trash and doing the dishes.
- A few years ago, while visiting my grandfolks in Florida, I decided to skip the evening's high stakes game of shuffleboard to explore what live music in the neighboring city of West Palm Beach had to offer.