[ UK /ʃɹˈɪmp/ ]
[ US /ˈʃɹɪmp/ ]
[ US /ˈʃɹɪmp/ ]
- fish for shrimp
- small slender-bodied chiefly marine decapod crustaceans with a long tail and single pair of pincers; many species are edible
- any of various edible decapod crustaceans
- disparaging terms for small people
How To Use shrimp In A Sentence
- The adults' menu may feature grilled shrimp, charbroiled chicken, sautéed vegetables, and salads galore.
- Shrimp, crab, and a variety of fish are harvested from the ocean.
- Each eye can move independently and can focus on object with three different areas, giving the mantis shrimp "trinocular vision". ScienceBlogs Channel : Life Science
- Workers feed them daily a mix of flakes, worms, grasshoppers and freeze-dried shrimp.
- These are complete miniatures of the parents and will soon busily be eating brine shrimp.
- Moroccan lamb meatballs, halibut and shrimp cakes with romesco, brioche panini with fontina and truffle oil, roasted pepper and Serrano ham, fried risotto balls, tuna tartare with chermoula on toast, fried polenta with mushroom duxelle. Three Stages of Amazement
- Salmon on rye and potted shrimps. Times, Sunday Times
- Shrimp, octopus, clam, cuttlefish and crabmeat cooked with tomato sauce and Black Forest apple tea.
- The shrimp come freeze - dried, and the spicy cocktail sauce as a powder.
- Heere, sweetpea, please to tayke this platter ov shrimps piled in teh shape of teh startship Enterprise, wiff teh cocktail soss on teh brij…. I don’t do Touchy-Feely - Lolcats 'n' Funny Pictures of Cats - I Can Has Cheezburger?