- a window of a store facing onto the street; used to display merchandise for sale in the store
a setting in which something can be displayed to best effect
it was a showcase for democracy in Africa
How To Use show window In A Sentence
- Two chromium-plated show windows display, in colour, representations of life in the R.A.F. at home and abroad. S R Boldero
- Wanamaker's was known for its stained-glass windows, elaborate store displays, and spectacles including organ concerts, pageants, and storybook characters in show windows.
- Anna found a beautiful toy in a show window and at it for a few minutes.
- I expect to die in French-heeled pumps and embroidered silk stockings and the finest, silliest silk things ever put in a show window to tempt the soul of a woman. The Trail of the White Mule