- those involved in providing entertainment: radio and television and films and theater
How To Use show business In A Sentence
- Stars of the entertainment world turned out to celebrate his 40th year in show business.
- The hubbub in the reception area was considerable among the gathering of journalists, show business people, and golfers.
- He started his career in show business by playing the saxophone and singing.
- She makes a convincing argument for finding a life beyond acting and not letting the business of show business be all-consuming.
- This kind of blather, meaningless but essentially harmless, suggests that he might be perfectly suited to make the leap from show business to politics.
- Phyllis always wanted to be in show business.
- In New York's show business scene, money, fame and power are sacred cows.
- She got into show business when it was hard going to be an actress and she stuck it out.
- He started out in ‘show business’ as a singing waiter, deciding to write lyrics because lyricists got paid more than singers.
- Show business agencies are competing to book celebrities into the May Fair and other hotels in the hope they will be spotted by paparazzi photographers loitering outside. Times, Sunday Times