- protective garment consisting of a hard rounded pad worn by football players to protect their shoulders
How To Use shoulder pad In A Sentence
- •A personal foul will be called for a horse-collar tackle, when a defender grabs a runner inside the back of his shoulder pads and jerks him to the ground. Sizing up the key components for the 2008 season
- You can picture the shoulder pads, backcombed hair and robotic dance moves, but here is a band that is more danceable than many.
- So it was only a matter of time before shoulder pads, designer jeans, leg warmers, wide belts, layered peasant skirts and big, broad, blowout hair started to look good to us again.
- Football and hockey players wear shoulder pads.
- Notice the soft wadding, which I and a few other top tailors use, as opposed to the far more common ready-made shoulder pad.
- These shows are usually tedious enough – to have to stand on heels and watch from behind someone else's shoulder pads or batwings must be beyond endurance. Stealing a kitten is not the only cruelty here | Barbara Ellen
- Another time it was a blond streak and shoulder pads.
- Note the 'shoulder pads' (two pairs of my socks, actually) and of course the eyeblack! Happy Halloween from LENNDEVOURS
- A cheaper, quicker fix is to use a slip-on rubber pad and/or a shooting vest with a thick shoulder pad.
- She was white, middle-aged and wearing a floral dress with shoulder pads. Times, Sunday Times