quickly aroused to anger
a hotheaded commander
How To Use short-tempered In A Sentence
- She had to be careful how she worded the question, for fear of upsetting or angering the short-tempered man.
- Schweitzer was no soft-headed do-gooder but a strong-minded, short-tempered, workaholic autocrat, who slept only four hours a night and whom people hesitated to cross.
- The film then turns its attention to the Willingham case: of a perpetual ne'er-do-well, the father of a 3-year-old daughter and infant twins who was known as a short-tempered troublemaker. Marshall Fine: Movie Review: Incendiary: The Willingham Case
- She began appearing on her nightly CNN show, Election Center, in March 2008 and by fall was an Internet sensation thanks to a series of interviews and commentaries in which she displayed a short-tempered impatience with the dishonesties of a manipulative election season. Big Girls Don’t Cry
- Our most famous Ralph remains a fictional, short-tempered Brooklyn bus driver who continually threatened to send his wife Alice to the moon. He's Come Undone
- Clark was a lanky general other men found to be short-tempered, aloof, and a publicity hound. Wild Bill Donovan
- I had to admit that I was starting to love that smirk but I was growing short-tempered and impatient.
- Extroverts may become withdrawn, natural jokers humourless, and placid individuals short-tempered and aggressive.
- Although talented, he was always a difficult colleague, proud, tactless, short-tempered, and easily offended.
- Grillo had been strange the last couple of times she'd called him: remote and short-tempered. EVERVILLE