How To Use short-billed In A Sentence
- Migration peaks end of April/first of May with tens of thousands of birds: red knots, least and western sandpipers, sanderlings, dunlins, short-billed dowitchers, black-bellied and semipalmated plovers, greater yellowlegs - all doing their best to avoid hunting Peregrine falcons and merlins. The Seattle Times
- The species commonly seen about our hill stations are _Pericrocotus speciosus_, the Indian scarlet minivet, and _P. brevirostris_, the short-billed minivet. Birds of the Indian Hills
- A short-billed dowitcher shot along the inlet - I heard its subdued triple toot - the only dowitcher I saw all season.
- I shot a short-billed dowitcher on one leg in still water, his reflection underneath him. FLIGHT LESSONS
- We did well with ducks, owls and warblers but missed a few anticipated shorebirds such as the white-rumped sandpiper, stilt sandpiper and short-billed dowitcher. Berks county news
- Other birds found in this ecoregion include the western thornbill (Acanthiza inornata), and the short-billed black-cockatoo (Calyptorhynchus latirostris EN) which inhabits sandplain woodlands and mallee, and the long-billed black-cockatoo (Calyptorhynchus baudinii) which is found in open eucalypt woodland and farmland. Swan Coastal Plain scrub and woodlands
- Grays Harbor Shorebird Festival: If you can afford that tank of gas, there are some free events and activities included in the festival, which marks the annual spring migration of thousands of dunlins, sanderlings, sandpipers, short-billed dowitchers, greater yellowlegs and more. The Seattle Times