- a list of applicants winnowed from a longer list who have been deemed suitable and from which the successful person will be chosen
How To Use short list In A Sentence
- By keeping such a short list of ingredients, the focus is on the textures, and inventive craftmanship. Times, Sunday Times
- In fact, heonly has ashort list ofnicities that hepulls outat work: Sinisterly Apologetic? « Biodork
- He said that there had been many applications and a short list would soon be drawn up.
- If you've been asked for an interview you are probably on a short list of no more than six.
- – Another top candidate from last year's high court vacancy is again on the short list. Sources: Obama expected to make high court pick by early May
- Each short listed candidate will be interviewed and assessed by an esteemed panel of judges who will select the final 28 candidates.
- After I revised my search by adding the words "chopped off," I did some more searching and I hit right quickly upon a short list of guys who most certainly do deserve to have an angry woman remove their soul poles with box cutters or pinking shears or whatever is lying about the house. Tony Phillips: Woman Throws Husband's Penis in Disposal: Hey, While You're At It ...
- Our long list, short list and eventual choice of winner reflected our estimate of literary quality and nothing else.
- That soldier had already been busted to El and was on the short list for an administrative discharge.
- During the interview, analyse applicants' skills and compare them with the job requirements to make a short list.