- a window of a store facing onto the street; used to display merchandise for sale in the store
How To Use shop window In A Sentence
- he posted signs in all the shop windows
- He saw himself reflected in the water/mirror/shop window.
- (they are catalogued for us, and placed in rows in the shop windows); we purchase _lachryma Christi_ by the dozen; and, for a few sous, may become possessed of the whole paraphernalia of the Holy Manger. Normandy Picturesque
- The Three Horseshoes Mall has seen an increase in crime including broken drainpipes, smashed bottles and graffiti daubed on shop windows.
- ‘The city is much the same as many others in my time,’ she said looking at a perfumery shop window, the expression of her eyes were not so detached from reality as before.
- Eighteenth-century prints caricature George III as a farmer, laugh at Hanoverian German accents – yet the same crowds who laughed at the printshop windows turned out loyally for coronations.
- He caught a glimpse of the man's face in a shop window.
- Please post up this advertisement for our concert in your shop window.
- When you glimpse your face in a shop window it appears as if you're struggling with some incredibly vexing problem. Times, Sunday Times
- The shop window display of kilts, sporrans and skean-dhu daggers proclaimed that here was a York shop for York people.