[ UK /ʃˈuː/ ]
[ US /ˈʃu/ ]
[ US /ˈʃu/ ]
- a restraint provided when the brake linings are moved hydraulically against the brake drum to retard the wheel's rotation
- U-shaped plate nailed to underside of horse's hoof
- (card games) a case from which playing cards are dealt one at a time
- footwear shaped to fit the foot (below the ankle) with a flexible upper of leather or plastic and a sole and heel of heavier material
furnish with shoes
the children were well shoed
How To Use shoe In A Sentence
- She took a lot of tweed and heavy suiting, an ankle-length dress and platform shoes - quite the bonkers stuff.
- It brings prestige to Scotland on a shoestring, and a great deal is done by people for whom it's a crusade, not a job.
- BigshoeBazaar is an online cash and carry wholesaler for hundreds of small shoe stores across the country and is using a single 25,000 square feet warehouse, which will be enhanced to 100,000 square feet in a few months, to service shoe stores as far away as Dimapur in Nagaland and Katihar in Bihar. 'Hyper Growth' Returns To India's E-Commerce Sector
- Jim had hustled over quietly and begun to help out with the horseshoeing, expecting ridicule from the likes of Hugh Glass or old Zeke Williams, who had just arrived at the rendezvous, but, to his surprise, the fact that he was married to a woman of such pure fire produced the very opposite of the effect he had feared. The Berrybender Narratives
- It seemed to have been shoehorned into the schedules as an afterthought.
- Tough, stylish, and super comfy, this leather slip-on is the perfect after-sport snowshoe.
- A dried-out horseshoe crab is a delicate thing and there's no way it would survive the flight in my checked baggage. Horseshoe Crabs and the TSA
- Even the shoes, booties with vertiginous heels, were covered in grasping little coral-like tentacles that shook as the models -- their faces abloom with gold and colorful stripes -- stomped down the catwalk. Balmain, Zac Posen, Rick Owens & Manish Arora Out Of This World In Paris (PHOTOS, POLL)
- Polish shoes; get new heels or soles if necessary.
- Shoes are available in many styles in fabrics which can be custom dyed to match the gown.