[ US /ˈʃɑdi/ ]
[ UK /ʃˈɒdi/ ]
[ UK /ʃˈɒdi/ ]
made of inferior workmanship and materials
cheapjack moviemaking...that feeds on the low taste of the mob
unethical or dishonest
dirty police officers
shoddy business practices
a sordid political campaign
- reclaimed wool fiber
How To Use shoddy In A Sentence
- They have to put up with some shoddy sequels to groundbreaking originals.
- Unfortunately the problem of shoddy workmanship continues even today.
- I'm normally quick to complain about shoddy service.
- Replacing cotton shoddy with this new fiber may help auto makers avoid the issue.
- In two of the cases, Justice Stevens lashed out at the court's failure to condemn what he called shoddy work by defense lawyers in death penalty cases. NYT > Home Page
- At a minimum, they're guilty of extremely shoddy scholarship and overcredulity," says Boston Globe -- Ideas section
- Most of these newer buildings were made of wood, and many showed signs of uncharacteristically hasty construc - tion and shoddy workmanship. Flint, the King
- She claimed that the police investigation had been slow and shoddy and named three of the alleged attackers. Times, Sunday Times
- Headlines are filled with companies accused of using shoddy practices for personal gain, so PlayMakers Repertory Company's production of Arthur Miller's "All My ... games is on the roster for the San Francisco Symphony's Summer & the Symphony series, which runs from June 1 to An academic, hired by the Defense Department to" conceptualize "the War. WN.com - Articles related to Annette Bening likes getting theatrical
- His efforts also saved countless lives by rooting out contractors using inferior materials and producing shoddy equipment.