[ UK /ʃˈɪvəɹi/ ]
cold enough to cause shivers
felt all shivery
provoking fear terror
the most terrible and shuddery...tales of murder and revenge
a scary movie
How To Use shivery In A Sentence
- He's undoubtedly got a gift for magicking something emotive out of the most inorganic, mechanical elements, and with the shivery Fireworks, he turns a simple flute loop into a soft, hypnotic lament.
- shivery weather
- The musicians had been softly playing some "shivery" music. Joe Strong on the Trapeze or The Daring Feats of a Young Circus Performer
- Then I could have enjoyed a day off without the streaming nose rubbed raw, the aches and pains, the weak shaky shivery feelings…
- He sure did like music, especially them Spanish songs what made a fella kind of shivery and sad-like from his boots up. Sundown Slim
- He felt desperately cold and shivery despite the heat in the house, and his legs were shaking violently. MIDNIGHT IS A LONELY PLACE
- Is anyone else feeling shivery chills about this?
- Her voice trembled, rising from her normal alto to a shivery soprano.
- You start feeling a bit chilly and shivery and the next thing your body starts to shut down, you get cramp, your muscles can't work and you can't swim.
- She felt shivery and a little sick.