[ UK /ʃˈɪpɪŋ/ ]
[ US /ˈʃɪpɪŋ/ ]
[ US /ˈʃɪpɪŋ/ ]
- conveyance provided by the ships belonging to one country or industry
- the commercial enterprise of moving goods and materials
How To Use shipping In A Sentence
- Starting this month, rival United Parcel Service Inc.'s freight division is raising average noncontractual shipping rates in North America by 6.9%, as the industry copes with rapidly rising fuel costs. FedEx to Raise U.S., Canada Freight Rates 6.8%
- I will like you to get back with your asking price for each artworks excluding the shipping expense because the artworks will be shipped with my other house items by the cartage company handling the shipment of our house items. September 2008
- Worshipping in unregistered churches was strictly illegal, and those caught often faced severe punishment. A Church for China
- But what you gain in fashion you lose in function: Unlike the "callet," you have to pull the phone from the case to make a call, check a text or take a photo. $39 plus $20 shipping; porter.com The Globe and Mail - Home RSS feed
- The sin of idolatry may lie less in the actual action of worshipping a foreign god than in the denial of the universals that such worship implies.
- As soon as she was alongside and made fast I went on board and had a good look at her interior, not forgetting to inscribe my name legibly on the most conveniently situated locker in the midshipmen's berth, after which I watched the operation of shipping and stowing her ballast. A Middy of the King A Romance of the Old British Navy
- During 18th and 19th centuries this area was known as the Barbary Coast and was feared for its regular piracy of European shipping. TravelPod.com TravelStream™ — Recent Entries at TravelPod.com
- The shipping industry changed radically with the advent of containerization. Ink-Stained Politicians
- The greatest threats to marine mammals are being caught in fishing nets or being struck by shipping vessels, although for the Yangtze river dolphin, pollution is a major contributor.
- I specialised in motorcycling, motor sport and shipping. Interview with Ghostwriter - Grant McDuling - by The Creative Penn | The Creative Penn