- (nautical) each of the eight half-hour units of nautical time signaled by strokes of a ship's bell; eight bells signals 4:00, 8:00, or 12:00 o'clock, either a.m. or p.m.
How To Use ship's bell In A Sentence
- He heard the toll of the ship's bell, it was early morning.
- All that remains is the ship's bell, the wheel and some of the tompions that protected the barrels of her guns.
- The sale will include 19 ship's bells and 22 ship's name boards, together with a small number of items such as tampions and honours boards.
- Earlier this year another group found and raised the ship's bell and the name was confirmed.