[ UK /ʃˈɪp/ ]
[ US /ˈʃɪp/ ]
[ US /ˈʃɪp/ ]
- a vessel that carries passengers or freight
place on board a ship
ship the cargo in the hold of the vessel
- travel by ship
- go on board
- hire for work on a ship
- transport commercially
How To Use ship In A Sentence
- While on the way thither she fell in with a polacre-rigged ship flying the The Naval History of the United States Volume 1 (of 2)
- You think Spielberg would only have a rattletrap third-rate spaceship like the Millennium Falcon to ensure his survival? Does George Lucas think the world will end in 2012?
- They could have been classed as ship-rigged sloops-of-war and were built by Thomas Fishburn in 1770 at Whitby.
- The school has a very good relationship with the community.
- We had a gam one day, on this voyage, with a Yankee whale-ship, and a first-rate gam it was, for, as the Yankee had gammed three days before with another English ship, we got a lot of news second-hand; and, as we had not seen a new face for many months, we felt towards those Yankees like brothers, and swallowed all they had to tell us like men starving for news. Fighting the Whales
- For centuries, scholars have squabbled over the design of the ship, which was crucial to defeating the Persians in the Battle of Salamis in 480 B.C., part of a wider war that included the fight at Thermopylae dramatized in the film "300. Epic Struggle: Fans Fight to Revive an Oar-Powered Greek Warship
- We drove a mile or so to Shipley Glen, a wooded hillside where a bit of family fairground fun awaited.
- I can say with certainty that a lot of arms shipments have arrived during this peace period.
- Human relations do not always rely on meeting each other in person every day. When we talk about relationships between people on either side of the border, just a few thousand miles can’t keep love from growing and blooming into a beautiful bonding. Gulzar
- The term "strategic" came up again earlier this year, when Ontario's provincial government set up a committee to debate a proposed merger between London Stock Exchange Group PLC and TMX Group Inc., operator of Canada's flagship Toronto Stock Exchange. Canada Turns Wary Eye to Foreign Bids