- (geology) sediment in which flat pebbles are uniformly tilted in the same direction
the laying on of shingles
shingling is a craft very different from carpentry
How To Use shingling In A Sentence
- Shingling on the fog is the great indoor sport for the professional redeemer and uplifter of society; but you don't get very far in a horizontal position on that kind of a foundation. The New Organ of Civilization
- So, after two years and $1.4 billion of preparation this is where we're at: a bunch of skilled scientists doing the outer-space equivalent of shingling a roof.
- The next spring Judge Baker fell off the woodshed while he was shingling it, and it jarred him so he kind of drooped and pined round a spell and then one day up and died. The Holy Cross and Other Tales
- shingling is a craft very different from carpentry
- The outside was done in pale blue siding they'd gotten for half price; the roof, done in shingling leftover from someone else's roofing job, they had received for free.