- an acute infection of the intestine by shigella bacteria; characterized by diarrhea and fever and abdominal pains
How To Use shigellosis In A Sentence
- Shigellosis is a highly contagious disease caused by Shigella spp. and humans are the principal reservoir of infection.
- It has been proved scientifically that unpasteurized milk will transmit Campylobacter, brucellosis, shigellosis, E. coli, diphtheria, salmonella, listeriosis and tuberculosis.
- Shigellosis may occur as a selflimiting illness with watery diarrhoea but often episodes of acute fulminant bloody dysentery lead to high case fatality rates among children.
- RESULTS:96.42%of the patients answered they will buy shigellosis vaccine, and the accept rate will descend with the price ascending.
- METHODS:CVM in a specific case that was a research on shigellosis patients'willingness to pay(WTP)and willingness to accept(WTA)for shigellosis vaccine in rural area in HeBei Province was carried out.