[ US /ˈʃiɫdɪŋ/ ]
[ UK /ʃˈiːldɪŋ/ ]
[ UK /ʃˈiːldɪŋ/ ]
- shield consisting of an arrangement of metal mesh or plates designed to protect electronic equipment from ambient electromagnetic interference
- a shield of lead or concrete intended as a barrier to radiation emitted in nuclear decay
- the act of shielding from harm
How To Use shielding In A Sentence
- She had toyed with the notion of going to one of the jock hackers she knew for some kind of portable induction coil simply to degauss the stolen computer's circuits; but from what she had read of its specs, she knew its shielding was up to anything a battery was likely to generate, and there was no guarantee she'd be able to tap into the computer's magical electrical source herself. The Silicon Mage
- Patients received a conditioning regimen that consisted of total body irradiation (1375 cGy in 11 fractions) with partial lung shielding, thiotepa (10 mg/kg), cyclophosphamide (120 mg/kg), and rabbit antithymocyte globulin (1.5 mg/kg). EurekAlert! - Breaking News
- The university is clamping down on media access during his summer booster club tour, and publicity flacks are shielding the most available man in college football.
- Only one phaser is inoperative, which means, offensively, the ship is almost totally effective, but defensively its lack of forward shielding makes the vessel incredibly vulnerable.
- These actin nucleation sites lead to the formation of large aggregates due to charge shielding between actin monomers in the aggregate and monomers in the bulk.
- We chose to sit beneath a willow tree with its branches shielding us from view.
- His hatred of his father was the causa causans of the whole case; he had pushed Oscar into the fight and Oscar, still intent on shielding him, declared that he had asked him to go abroad. Oscar Wilde, His Life and Confessions
- His hatred of his father was the "causa causans" of the whole case; he had pushed Oscar into the fight and Oscar, still intent on shielding him, declared that he had asked him to go abroad. Oscar Wilde His Life and Confessions
- We introduce reverberation chamber and it's features in size, shielding material and paddles.
- Because of space issues, I was removing the PSU's guts and thus losing all the shielding provided by the metal chassis.