- a swindling sleight-of-hand game; victim guesses which of three things a pellet is under
How To Use shell game In A Sentence
- Brunner, the illusionist, had dazzled his audience with an elaborate shell game. CORMORANT
- To play fast and loose now means to behave in a deceitful or irresponsible manner. shell game This old gambling game (earlier known as thimblerig), in which the operator openly places a pea under one of three walnut shells, then rapidly shifts the shells around and challenges a sucker to bet on the location of the pea, has given its name to any kind of chicanery or subterfuge. VERBATIM: The Language Quarterly Vol XIII No 2
- It is a Shell game , " he said.
- Critics called the proposal a shell game.
- Find the Lady is, except for the props used, essentially the same as the probably centuries-older shell game or thimblerig.
- Disinformation to the max. Just a shell game ..... and no, I care not who sat in a stadium and and rose to flatulate ... in synchronicity Challenge for Monterrey-based soccer fans!
- Some cheat that the contact lenses in a special potion soak 12 hours can penetrate any poker mahjong shell game.
- Don't let him "hoodwink" you or "bamboozle" you with his clever shell game, Barack. McCain says Obama's Iraq trip would convince him of success
- gullible tourists taken in by the shell game