[ UK /ʃˈiːpɪʃli/ ]
[ US /ˈʃipɪʃɫi/ ]
[ US /ˈʃipɪʃɫi/ ]
in a sheepish manner
sheepishly he handed her back the money
How To Use sheepishly In A Sentence
- The company execs sheepishly suggest the concept didn't translate well to products.
- We love Apple in that sheepishly adoring way that causes us to want to run our fingers lovingly over our favorite Apple product when nobody is looking just because it makes us happy.
- “There aren't a lot of vegetarian options,” I'd said to Kirsten sheepishly, feeling shy because I had chosen a French-fry sandwich instead of the neon-green salad languishing under the sneeze shield at the salad bar. Why I Can't Be a Hare Krishna
- Somewhat sheepishly, I reflected on how often I had felt that patients were a little sycophantic in their remarks at the end of a consultation.
- When Ramin relayed my comments, the guards laughed, looked around sheepishly at the mess, and shrugged happily. Among the Hostage-Takers
- I scrambled sheepishly off the sofa and ran to unbolt the front door. MY BABYSITTER HAS FANGS
- Um, we sort of disagree with Article 123.5 in the latest national budget sub-clause of Section 772.2, maybe," whined one Dem leader, sheepishly, before being smacked upside the head. Archive 2003-01-01
- It was so far off her personal awareness sensors that the obelisk was the first artifact Abramowitz had ever physically encountered from the planet, an admission she made somewhat sheepishly considering her role as a cultural specialist attached to the Starfleet Corps of Engineers. Creative Couplings
- I sheepishly put it on in the corner, thinking of all the black dance clothes I had at home.
- Sots vieux, nouveaux, et sots de tous ages, _ "thus he scornfully declaimed," and as yokefellow with Dan Merlin in his thorn-bush, and with wise Salomon when he capered upon the high places of Chemosh, and with Duke Ares sheepishly agrin within the net of Chivalry