[ UK /ʃˈɑːpənɐ/ ]
any implement that is used to make something (an edge or a point) sharper
a knife sharpener
How To Use sharpener In A Sentence
- When the sharpener is pulled firmly across a double-sided blade, it hones both sides of the tool at once.
- His leg sort of jams into the plastic like a pencil into a pencil sharpener.
- a knife sharpener
- Ask the children to take two pencils (perhaps red and blue), a rubber, a pencil sharpener and a ruler from their pencil cases.
- Little food & water, survival kit, Adventure Medical bivvy sack or space blanket, folding saw, extra knife (or two) knife sharpener, 1st aid kit, handi wipes, ammo, etc. Species: Field & Stream
- If you have a dull serrated edge knife, which doesn't happen often, it is best to take it to a professional knife sharpener.
- My son's pencil case contains a pencil, a ruler, pencil sharpener and a rubber.
- Watchers are notorious pencil sharpeners, ribbon changers, plant waterers, home repairers and abhorrers of messy rooms or messy pages.
- Martin slapped both on the table and rushed off to buy pencil sharpeners and erasers.
- Zoe rearranged the books in her bookshelves in alphabetical order and emptied her pencil sharpeners.