[ US /ˈʃɛɹ/ ]
[ UK /ʃˈeə/ ]
[ UK /ʃˈeə/ ]
have in common
The two countries share a long border
Our children share a love of music
I'd like to share this idea with you
have, give, or receive a share of
We shared the cake
- use jointly or in common
- give out as one's portion or share
assets belonging to or due to or contributed by an individual person or group
he wanted his share in cash
any of the equal portions into which the capital stock of a corporation is divided and ownership of which is evidenced by a stock certificate
he bought 100 shares of IBM at the market price
- a sharp steel wedge that cuts loose the top layer of soil
the allotment of some amount by dividing something
death gets more than its share of attention from theologians
the effort contributed by a person in bringing about a result
I am proud of my contribution in advancing the project
they all did their share of the work
How To Use share In A Sentence
- Though serfs were freed in 1864, they remained poor sharecroppers and staged a massive peasant uprising in 1907.
- Rows of brick garden apartments all backed onto a massive common garden: a shared backyard for children to play, dogs to gambol, and families to eat picnics together. Day of Honey
- If you don't invest in these shares, you're saying no to a fortune.
- The euphoria reached phenomenal levels when the kids got a chance to share the stage with their stars.
- Goldman Sachs JB Were analyst Marcus Curley, who has a "buy" rating on the shares, forecasts a price of NZ$6. 20 to NZ$6. 40 if the acquirer is another casino company. The Blind Bet for Sky City
- It is important to recognize that all labor income, even the bonuses and stock options of CEOs, are included in the labor share.
- LONDON, February 4/PRNewswire-FirstCall/-- The Board of Royal Dutch Shell plc ( "RDS") today announced an interim dividend in respect of the fourth quarter of 2009 of US$0. 42 per A and B ordinary share, an increase of 5% over the US dollar dividend for the same quarter last year. The Earth Times Online Newspaper
- The fact that your name adorned a jet over the skies over Afghanistan solidifies the bond all of us in the military share with the American people. CNN Transcript Mar 17, 2002
- Hand, Schryhart, Arneel, and Merrill, weighted with this inpouring flood of stock, which they had to take at two-twenty, hurried to their favorite banks, hypothecating vast quantities at one-fifty and over, and using the money so obtained to take care of the additional shares which they were compelled to buy. The Titan
- The space left by evaporation is called the ullage, while the liquid lost is sometimes called the ‘angels' share’ and is particularly financially significant in the production of older cognac and Armagnac.