develop in a positive way
Plans are shaping up
My plants are coming along
He progressed well in school
How To Use shape up In A Sentence
- My advice: tell him your panocha is going to get manicured by the next hot Mexican gardener you meet, and he'll shape up pronto, because the only thing that'll motivate an hombre to do what a woman wants is the prospect of losing his gabacho to another wab. Gustavo Arellano: ¡ASK A MEXICAN!: Chivas and AIDS Tests
- In our times, this message has far more resonance than a straightforward official admonition to shape up.
- I've never wished anything bad on anybody in my life but I admit that I hoped she'd explode to a ginormous size with pregnancy and find it as hard to shape up afterwards as the rest of the normal world.
- It is no use simply to tell adolescents to shape up and do something useful.
- At 89, LaLanne hasn't lost his passion for helping others trim down and shape up, either.
- Do some mindfulness meditation, cut out red meat, shape up. Times, Sunday Times
- Does any man secretly fret that his wife might stop fancying him if he doesn't shape up like 007?
- But there is a drawback for those hoping it's possible to shape up without punishing gym sessions, simply by relaxing in front of the television while a toner does all the work.
- Those genes included one for a light-sensitive plant protein called a phytochrome, which changes shape upon absorbing certain wavelengths of red light.
- I think you have the courage to shape up to your mistakes.