(genetics) a chromosome that determines the sex of an individual
mammals normally have two sex chromosomes
How To Use sex chromosome In A Sentence
- In contrast, in all tef cells in which the sex chromosomes could be identified, they were closely apposed in a configuration not discernibly different from wild type.
- All four populations had 2n = 38, with ZZ/ZW sex chromosomes (Z, acrocentric; W, submetacentric). BioMed Central - Latest articles
- The results are attributed to introgression with a higher rate for autosomes than for sex chromosomes.
- The sex chromosomes, together with the homologous no.7 chromosomes of the West Japan and Kanto forms, are diagrammatically shown.
- White campion is one of the few examples of plants with separate sexes and with X and Y sex chromosomes.
- In some dioecious species, sex determination is controlled by genes on sex chromosomes.
- In a population with variation on both sex chromosomes, one does not know which sex chromosome carries a specific allele in a heterozygote of the heterogametic sex.
- The chromosomal complement of each cell is divided into the autosomes and the sex chromosomes.
- Note that the bivalent sex chromosome remaining in the vicinity of the equator appears to be oriented to the poles.
- humans have 22 chromosome pairs plus two sex chromosomes