[ UK /sˈəʊɪŋ/ ]
[ US /ˈsoʊɪŋ/ ]
[ US /ˈsoʊɪŋ/ ]
- joining or attaching by stitches
needlework on which you are working with needle and thread
she put her sewing back in the basket
How To Use sewing In A Sentence
- ‘Sewing a squash ball into the back of their pyjamas or nightie might sound like a wind-up but it's effective because it stops people from sleeping on their back,’ he said.
- I look at both my sewing and knitting as wonderful gifts that I will never tire of.
- While the inmates of the home are provided with skill training in handicrafts, embroidery and sewing based on their aptitude, the children including those of sex workers are educated.
- She used a sewing machine that dates from the 1960s, an efficient electric iron and modern components such as fusible interfacing. "Make It Yourself": Home Sewing, Gender, and Culture, 1890-1930
- The delectable little Dutch songs with which she used to dulcify the house grew less and less frequent, and she would forget her sewing and look wistfully in her father's face as he sat pondering by the fireside. Tales of a Traveller
- Can you imagine painting without a brush, sewing without a needle, or writing without a pen?
- In prewar days, she had occupied her time with a little leisurely sewing or gardening and reading her library books, her gentle reveries interrupted only by afternoon tea brought to her on a tray.
- Therefore I reasoned, the longer I left it before I started sewing, the longer it would be before I was squinting well into the night unpicking it.
- With a sewing machine and polyester thread to match the garment, set two rows of straight stitches by the tacking stitches.
- Place the serger on one table, and then the sewing machine on the other.