- facility consisting of a system of sewers for carrying off liquid and solid sewage
How To Use sewer system In A Sentence
- The Beachwood area west of the parkway is not curerntly served by the Beachwood Borough Utilities Authority sewer system. 2009 March « Beachwood Historical Alliance
- One of the big problems now facing the industry is sporadic discharges when the sewer system is unable to cope with heavy rain and sewage. Times, Sunday Times
- The change, part of an amendment to the borough's sanitary sewer system rules and regulations, was approved Monday by the borough council. News/local from www.dailyamerican.com
- As municipal water and sewer systems replaced backyard wells, cesspools, and privies, outbreaks of cholera, typhoid fever, dysentery, malaria, and typhus diminished.
- Well, he's a "mouser," or one of a group of hobbiests who explore old caves, sewer systems, etc. MNspeak.com
- By paying land (resource) rents to ourselves, meaning socially collected, a citizenry is quintuply repaid through those massive funds building roads, railroads, water systems, sewer systems, and electric grids (any natural monopoly) as well as fund governments, provide education, health care and retirement. Archive 2009-05-01
- Engineers looking at flood defences, modelling catchments, sewer systems and watercourses take many factors into consideration.
- A common problem is the unlawful channelling of storm water drainage into the sewer system.
- The overtaxed sewer system had ruptured, mixing septic water with the thick sludge churned up by the wave.
- mouser," a slang term for a group of risk-takers who explore caves, tunnels and sewer systems. Double-Tongued Dictionary