- a respiratory disease of unknown etiology that apparently originated in mainland China in 2003; characterized by fever and coughing or difficulty breathing or hypoxia; can be fatal
How To Use severe acute respiratory syndrome In A Sentence
- OBJECTIVE To study the nosogeny, organism distribution and current resistance of severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) patients with secondary bacterial infection.
- Clearly, there is much to do both epidemiologically and virologically to contain the global spread of severe acute respiratory syndrome.
- To date, a quarter of the 1268 people with severe acute respiratory syndrome in Hong Kong are nurses, doctors, radiographers, and auxiliary staff.
- The Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome epidemic in China is a modest measure of what might occur after serious biological weapon attack in the United States.
- Methods The levels serum of throid hormone and parathyroid hormone (PTH) in 48 patients with severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) were measured by electrochemiluminescence.
- Severe acute respiratory syndrome is highly infectious and potentially lethal.
- However, we have done a lot in New Zealand in terms of passenger arrivals, and, as the member will know, yesterday severe acute respiratory syndrome was made a notifiable disease.
- Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome ( SARS ) is taking it toll on China's tour industry.
- There is no question that the outbreak of SARS (severe acute respiratory syndrome) has focused the world's attention on the dangers of how easily a virulent disease can spread around the globe.