[ UK /sˈɛvənz/ ]
[ US /ˈsɛvənz/ ]
[ US /ˈsɛvənz/ ]
- a card game in which you play your sevens and other cards in sequence in the same suit as the sevens; you win if you are the first to use all your cards
How To Use sevens In A Sentence
- I'm asking this because the mythical performance of Warren Page's 7mm Mashburn - the GOLDEN STANDARD for Sevens - a 175-grainer at 3,000 fps, is what people have in mind when they buy the 7mmRemMag. What We Can Learn From Lefty
- Born in Samoa, Lee became eligible for New Zealand only at the turn of the year and hopes the sevens will be a springboard for his rugby career. Stuff.co.nz - Stuff
- A careful induction from all the passages where this number cannot be regarded as fortuitous, but is evidently of Divine ordinance and appointment (I call fortuitous such sevens as occur, Acts xix. 14; xx. 6), will leave no doubt that it claims throughont Scripture to be considered as the covenant number, the sign and signature of God's covenant relation to mankind, and above all to that portion of mankind with which this relation is not potential merely, but actual, namely the Church. Epistles to the Seven Churches in Asia.
- The winner of the trick leads to the next trick, by first playing any sevens he has and claiming them as tricks and then leading a playable card.
- However, melds of sevens and aces are subject to some special rules and restrictions.
- For evidence of our sloth, see the newly published report from the British Heart Foundation which reveals that we are raising a generation of slobs with a third of all under-sevens failing to reach the minimum recommended activity levels.
- They were the first country to organise an international sevens tournament, which they did to celebrate their Centenary in 1973.
- Sevenseas Ajax and Deep Blue 12. They didn't have any trouble. THE SHIPPING NEWS
- Friday said: ‘Some players are destined to be great fifteens players, and some great sevens players.’
- There is little doubt that we could field a super sevens, but to send a third-rate crew that far, and at considerable expense, is hardly good financial management.