- impressive monuments created in the ancient world that were regarded with awe
How To Use Seven Wonders of the Ancient World In A Sentence
- Though we think of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World as a single list today, there were actually a number of lists compiled by different Greek writers.
- As a builder, he constructed the Hanging Gardens of Babylon, one of the seven wonders of the ancient world.
- One of the seven wonders of the ancient world was the Pyramids.
- Alexander wanted to visit the newly completed temple to Athena in Priene, designed by Pythius himself, architect of the Mausoleum at Halicarnassus, one of the seven wonders of the ancient world. Alexander the Great
- The pyramid is the oldest structure on the original list of the seven wonders of the ancient world, which was compiled by Greek scholars about 2, 200 years ago.
- In 356BC the Greeks built the Artemesium (a colossal Ionic temple dedicated to Artemis the fertility goddess) which was one of the Seven Wonders of the ancient world.