an informal expression for all of the oceans of the world
the old salt had sailed the seven seas
How To Use seven seas In A Sentence
- George immediately became a fixture in the Palace side and, but for an occasional injury, he remained there for seven seasons.
- When I teach writing, I say it and say it again: To write a great book, you don't have to sail the seven seas, commit great crimes, dramatize, or even invent.
- But there's no question that the club is an acknowledged force on the pitch, having won three Premier League titles in the seven seasons since Mr. Abramovich's takeover. Another Step for Soccer's New New Money
- One of the older missionaries frowned at this intelligence, marling it down as one more proof of their doctor's essentially trivial attitude toward life, but his adverse opinion was not reported to his companions, because from a point forward of the Thetis a new board swept into view, and this one bore not a mere swimmer, but a nymph, a nude symbolization of all the pagan islands in the seven seas. Hawaii
- That Senator Blaine Mayer, who wants to prosecute a man who has saved millions of lives over seven seasons, might get to pay for his dumminess is almost too much to ask for. Asymmetric
- A silent wish sails the seven seas The winds of change whisper in the trees.
- Leviathans are one of the nastiest water animals that ever swam the seven seas, and I thought that a leviathan was scaring the fish away from something.
- Maleh_, and _Seba Baharet_: the former does not apply particularly to the Mediterranean, but _is a term applicable to any sea or ocean that is salt_ (as all seas and oceans assuredly are); the latter term signifies literally, the Seven Seas or Waters: neither is this An Account of Timbuctoo and Housa Territories in the Interior of Africa
- And over the course of seven seasons, they accrete into interesting people as their backstories and personalities develop. Revisiting Star Trek [Part 1 of 7]: The Original Series
- The notorious pirate who sailed the seven seas without once being caught!