annul (a legal decision)
the court set aside the conviction
make inoperative or stop
suspend payments on the loan
give or assign a resource to a particular person or cause
I will earmark this money for your research
She sets aside time for meditation every day
How To Use set aside In A Sentence
- In the early days after the birth, it can be useful to set aside some time to rest when the baby sleeps.
- Season chickens and sear until brown on all sides, remove from pot and set aside.
- Cover the bottom of each ramekin with some reserved caramel and set aside in the refrigerator until set, about two minutes.
- The judge set aside the verdict of the lower court.
- Wrap in a tea towel to stop it drying out and set aside. Times, Sunday Times
- Set aside 1tbsp chopped coriander for the salad. Times, Sunday Times
- For the dashi, in a medium bowl, combine the konbu and water and set aside to soak for one hour.
- In her decision, Judge Coral Shaw found that the employer's investigation was flawed and the report was invalid and should be set aside.
- Blend together the arrowroot and one tablespoon of the orange juice and set aside.
- Cut chicken lengthwise into 1/2-inch thick strips and set aside.