How To Use set aflame In A Sentence
- If would have been quite hilarious to see the pampered boys' reaction to having his expensive clothing set aflame.
- The names usually refer to the tall flowering spike which in medieval times was dipped in tallow and set aflame as a torch in the evening.
- If anyone dared to speak up in defense, a la Samantha, she risked being doused with Long Island and set aflame. Leslie Goldman: Do I Look Fat in This? Don't Ask, Don't Tell
- A piece of the roof, set aflame by the uncontrolled inferno, suddenly fell from the roof and on top of Tempest's right leg.
- The walls were rebuilt with yellow limestone and the towers rebuilt with stones so they couldn't be set aflame anymore.
- I felt it in many places — for example, in the refugee houses set aflame in several German cities. Those houses burned after the fall of the Wall.
- The eighth floor of the 406-room International Hotel was set aflame, but employees prevented the fire from engulfing the building.
- They did not attempt to confront mobs as they set aflame people and properties, they set up no camps to shelter the bereaved and destitute survivors.