- the first major discourse delivered by Jesus (Matthew 5-7 and Luke 6:20-49)
How To Use Sermon on the Mount In A Sentence
- palingenesis," the Sermon on the Mount, the apotheosis of the weak, the love of the people, regard for the poor, and the re-establishment of all that is humble, true, and simple. The Life of Jesus
- It simply goes through the Beatitudes in the Sermon on the Mount, explains the essence of each one, and appends a simple prayer for each, asking God to help us cultivate that particular trait of godliness.
- The Sermon on the Mount is, in many ways, an explication of the righteousness of the kingdom, evident even in the blessedness promised in the Beatitudes.
- Matters of morality, like the Ten Commandments and the Sermon on the Mount, are not negotiable.
- The Sermon on the Mount is the last word in Christian ethics.
- Through this pain, though, are scenes of powerful emotional impact, including flashbacks from Jesus' life such as rescuing the adulteress from stoning and the Sermon on the Mount.
- He once said: ‘If we were to apply the Sermon on the Mount to our business, we would be rooked within six months.’
- It still moves me today to recall that in a secular country, the masses condensed the Beatitudes in the Lord's Sermon on the Mount into two words: No violence!
- I haven't heard one of them demand that the Sermon on the Mount, the Beatitudes, be posted anywhere.
- An adaptation of a command of Jesus in the Sermon on the Mount: Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth; but I say unto you, that ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also. Turn the other cheek