- traditional genre of music conforming to an established form and appealing to critical interest and developed musical taste
How To Use serious music In A Sentence
- “We were simply bowled over by Madame, who was way ahead of her press agentry,” said David O. Selznick, adding that he was disappointed that people did not seem to have paid enough attention to the “symphonic narrative” and “march” created for the occasion—compositions he called “the first important serious music to come out of the war.” The Last Empress
- I had to admit that ‘Fight for Your Right ‘was pretty def and all, but c'mon, this wasn't serious music.
- 'uncommunicative' style meant as no more than a pleasant aural accompaniment to whatever other activity we are pursuing, the purpose of serious music is that it should be heard with attention; some 'meaning' heard in it. Softpedia News - Global
- He gave me a long lecture about the absurdity of somebody claiming an interest in serious music who didn't own a stereophonic gramophone.
- Then a Saturday night show will take place at the Holy Cross Cathedral and will consist of more serious music.
- Beneath the din, it is an often catchy and always well-crafted folk-rock record, disguised by amplification as "serious music."
- Unfortunately, Edison was not himself a musician, and the technology he fathered was never used for mass-producing serious musical records.
- Our culture forces serious music to function solely as entertainment or not at all.
- As usual, I dive into this venture with a great and all-consuming fervor, ignoring completely how I'm no music critic by training and instead opening wide to 25+ years of serious music obsessiveness; couple it with a bottle of premium sake and ignore all overwhelming meta Top 10 lists like this one, and it's all sorts of delightful. Mark Morford: The Top 10 Most Awesome Albums of 2011
- But he also wrote reams of unpublished serious music.