[ UK /sˈɛɹɪkˌʌltʃɐ/ ]
- raising silkworms in order to obtain raw silk
- the production of raw silk by raising silkworms
How To Use sericulture In A Sentence
- The Shang dynasty saw the discovery of bronze and the practice of sericulture.
- There were also exhibits on agriculture, sericulture, electronics, space, and marine engineering, to mention a few.
- He also introduced sericulture to Mysore and mulberry cultivation was started in 21 locations in the state.
- With food supplies guaranteed by imports from upriver, Pearl River delta farmers turned first to fruit and then to sericulture.
- The original focus industries were pottery, sericulture, carpentry, textiles, coconut fiber, and woven mats.
- The sericulture sector in the country is on a revival after going through a tough phase of low production due to droughts and fall in prices on account of dumping of cheap silk from China.
- As Jiaxing ancient agriculture developed, rice custom and practice sericulture is most common and most characteristic.
- In its native land it functioned as currency for buying expensive things as well as government offices, and as early as the second millennium B.C. there was a goddess of sericulture.
- A few large specimens of Morus alba were perhaps reminders of a failed 19th century attempt at sericulture at this site.
- Sericulture and vermiculture aspects were part of the display.