- an interface (commonly used for modems and mice and some printers) that transmits data a bit at a time
How To Use serial port In A Sentence
- All ATEM switchers include serial ports for camera and VDCP servers as well as genlock. Business Wire Travel News
- Character devices, such as serial ports and keyboards, manipulate data as a stream of characters, or bytes, one at a time.
- Examples of these interconnects include serial ports, dedicated network interfaces, and extended 12C buses.
- It executes program instructions, writes and reads information to or from memory, and accesses peripheral devices such as serial ports and disk controllers.
- To increase the ability of man-machine interaction, this equipment adopts keyboard entry, Liquid Crystal Display (LCD), serial port...
- You tell the configurator you want to restore the factory default configuration, then reboot the system with the console port connected to your serial port.
- They can be connected to the serial port of a PC and provide time signals synchronized on the NIST clock.
- Most IrDa chips in the SIR mode are UART 16650-compatible (16650 is a common PC UART), so the legacy Linux serial port drivers can serve as link-level drivers.
- The spirometer was connected to the palmtop computer via a serial port.
- It uses the first serial port for all informational messages as the system boots and accepts logins from that console once the system is up.