[ US /ˈsɪˌɹiəɫ/ ]
[ UK /sˈiəɹɪəl/ ]
[ UK /sˈiəɹɪəl/ ]
of or relating to the sequential performance of multiple operations
in regular succession without gaps
pertaining to or composed in serial technique
pertaining to or occurring in or producing a series
a serial killer
- a periodical that appears at scheduled times
a serialized set of programs
the Masterworks concert series
a comedy series
How To Use serial In A Sentence
- Serial killer plots (or subplots) just plain annoy me. Great Things Come to Those Who Wait : The Kick-Ass Mystic Ninjas
- Without a serial number, a watch cannot be serviced or repaired by an authorized repair shop or the manufacturer.
- Rounds are no longer written in modern musical styles, and remain untouched by developments in chromatic harmony, atonality, jazz idioms, serial structures and folk modes.
- The microprocessor adopts 89C52, and serial interface has adopted RS-485, can download and debug online, and connect with other equipments.
- He got fined 5k for admitting to being a serial flopper.
- JFK is forced to handle political dealings, serial killing gangs and defend the isolated building from a nuclear strike.
- A minimum of one Lotto ticket serial number is drawn from all valid tickets each Lotto draw.
- My serial Flyover City is a blog-novel, detailing the trials and tribulations of a regular guy living in a world chock-full of super heroes and villians. Superhero Nation: how to write superhero novels and comic books » A Vast List of Storytelling Blunders
- An organism is considered metameric when its body is mostly formed of serially repeated anatomical units called metameres.
- Its two moving and two fixed feed rollers are hydraulically serial connected, and six delimbing knives ensure high quality logs.