- large blue-grey black-striped damselfish; nearly worldwide
- a noncommissioned officer serving as chief administrative officer of a headquarters unit of the Army
How To Use sergeant major In A Sentence
- `By now I had achieved the exalted rank of WO2 -- Warrant Officer, equivalent to company sergeant major in the infantry. THE ENDLESS GAME
- Each team was also assessed on drill, dress and bearing for the Regimental Sergeant Major-Army trophy, won by the SA team.
- Sergeant Major marks me down as being present and tells us to fall out to the softball field.
- For some reason the sergeant major had decided to choose me to vent his anger on.
- It was fat and compact, a beer barrel on legs with a sergeant major's snub nose. Food Watch
- The company was numbered off by the sergeant major.
- In 1939 he joined the Territorial Army as a gunner, rising to the unlikely rank of Iroop Sergeant Major - apparently on the strength of his commanding voice.
- Holding the chain railing, we followed our leader and had up-close encounters with yellow tails, sergeant majors, blue tang, trumpet fish, and other reef dwellers.
- It is essential to grow leaders from private or lieutenant to command sergeant major or general.
- Elsewhere, a retired regimental sergeant major storms into the school to sort out his delinquent grandkids with a good talking to and a short, sharp shock. Times, Sunday Times