- a vast plain in Tanzania to the west of the Great Rift Valley known for its wildlife
How To Use Serengeti Plain In A Sentence
- Your amoebic dysentery correspondent is in bed, fully injected with emetine, having flown four hundred miles to Nairobi via Arusha from where the outfit is camped on the Serenea river on the far side of the Serengeti plain. Hemingway on Hunting
- Visit Africa's Serengeti Plain in northeast Tanzania, near Kenya.
- Midway between the panorama and the four bizarre leonine images is a third panel, showing two lions below a bison that looks directly at them, just as modern-day wildebeests warily eye African lions on the Serengeti Plain.
- Today's bullies of the Serengeti plains, lions and spotted hyenas, were paralleled by tyrannosaurs in Jurassic and Cretaceous ecosystems.