- an especially dangerous and generally fatal form of the plague in which infecting organisms invade the bloodstream; does not spread from person to person
How To Use septicemic plague In A Sentence
- Person-to-person spread of bubonic or septicemic plague does not occur; however, pneumonic plague is highly contagious.
- It is the mildest of three clinical forms of the disease, the other two being pneumonic and septicemic plague. ANC Daily News Briefing
- Y. pestis is typically transmitted through the bite of an infected flea and causes bubonic and/or septicemic plague PLoS ONE Alerts: New Articles
- In septicemic plague, Bacteria overwhelm the Bloodstream and often cause death within 24 hours, before other symptoms have a chance to develop.
- The septicemic plague was most rare and caused the victims body to turn purple due to DIC (Disseminated Intravascular Coagulation). Horrors Prices | SciFi, Fantasy & Horror Collectibles